Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computers are losing it..

• Please log in to reply

hypertweeky

hypertweeky

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everyone:

My laptop (inspiron 4100) won't get online. I am attempting to connect thru a router, My husband has 2 laptops (Compaq presario 1500 and Sony Vaio) and can conect to the internet just fine. I don't know what has happened, mine used to work:(
I tried ipconfig/all and it says that no operation can be performed on local area conection 2 while it has its media disconected. The test says: Host name: hyper. Primary dns suffix: blank, Mode type:unknown, Ip routing enabled: no, Wins proxy enabled: no
What does this mean?,also we have a desktop (brand new dell 9100) that won't get online either but the error message is different, It can't get an IP address and there is no conectivity when windows tries to fix it it takes forever and nothing happens, we have tried with the other 2 laptops we have and they won't get online either, What are we doing wrong?:tazz:
If someone could help me out I would GREATLY appreciate it, I work from home and not being able to use my laptop or new desktop is driving me crazy:(
If you need more details let me know!!
Thanks a bunch!!

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
quoted from http://www.chicagote...isconnected.htm

Media disconnected 1/3
Symptoms: when using ipconfig to check the IP configuration, you may receive this message: Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected.

Cause: 1. Bad NIC.
2. Bad connection.

hypertweeky

hypertweeky

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

quoted from http://www.chicagote...isconnected.htm

Media disconnected 1/3
Symptoms: when using ipconfig to check the IP configuration, you may receive this message: Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected.

Cause: 1. Bad NIC.
2. Bad connection.

View Post

I did what the website you gave me suggested but I still can't get online:( This royally blows!! :tazz: