Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Slow PC - help needed

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone!
I`m new here, i`ve got a problems with my pc:
I installed the latest version of mcafee antivirus yesterday(i had the older version) but since then my pc has become too slow and it gets worse the longer i stay online.
Does anyone know what the problem might be?
Your help will be very much appreciated.

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,018 posts
  • MVP
this is neither a commment nor suggestion about this site..moving this thread to the proper forum

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Curious, could we start by going through the obvious, some questions.

How is tastmanager reacting, ie if you press these three botton; "ctrl, alt, delete" up pops the tast manager and from there the movement of the processes can be observed.

How slow is slow, a stupid question but the newer antimalware stuff is getting progresively more heavy, and in some cases conflicting with other stuff.

Is one supposed to compleatly uninstall the previous version before installing the new version, I don't know with Mcafee but it is a line to follow here.

With these out the way we can move on I think