Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Form Questions

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
I am trying to make a form for a non-profit organization.

And... realizing I don't know jack about form creation.

1) How do I make it so a bunch of radio buttons are linked together so you can only select 1 (meaning if you select a different one, it goes there and unchecks the previous)

2) How do I make it so that there is an initial box. Donate Money, Donate Items, and Volunteer Time. Depending on which of these you have checked 'ungreys' certain other parts of the form. (Like if they click only 'donate money' the sections of 'donate items' and 'volunteer time' are greyed out)

3) Is there a way I can have them write in an amount of money in one place, and if it is in the 'donate money' section, it'll take that dollar amount and forward them over to paypal?

I'll probably have more but those are my three major issues at the time. HTML is sometimes... not fun. ^^;

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
This is not going to help all that much, but may make Form Making a little easier. Check out the following site:

Free Online Form Maker

For Radio Buttons:

1) Radio Buttons HTML

2) Checkboxes vs. Radio Buttons

These are only a few of many sites offering information.

As for the PayPal problem, I would just provide a Donate Button, Image or whatever and set up your PayPal account to do everything the way you wish. It usually provides all the information you need to include in HTML to perform the function(s) you want (transfer of amounts, etc.). Be sure to read their tutorials/help for setting all this up.