Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with a computer givin to me!

• Please log in to reply

Situationeer

Situationeer

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
My friend has had this computer sitting around for a while and he decided to get rid of it so I took it off his hands. WEll when I tried to see if it worked I hooked it up to the monitor on my moms computer using the power cord from her computer as well (He didn't have anything but the tower, no cords, nothing). The computer started up but nothing appeared on the monitor. If you have any insight please help!!!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
does the computer have two places to plug the monitor in on the back?

Situationeer

Situationeer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
I currently cannot check because I am at a friends house, but I will check when I get home. I just wanted to let you know that I am checking up on the topic.

I do however know that my monitor only has a power connection and another connection that goes to the back of the tower.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Thats what its supposed to have but most graphics cards have more than one slot to plug montiors into as you get different types of monitor connections.