Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Access Help

• Please log in to reply

swicklund

swicklund

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I must be going brain dead.. :tazz:
I have a list of over 5,000 entries for various collage & professional sports teams. I would like to write a query to pull one entry for each team listed (If I have the Badgers listed 100 times, I only want one of those recored in the results).
Any suggestions??

Advertisements

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
Hi swicklund,

Tell me if this is what you want to achieve.

From the table of teams(and data) that you have, you wish to write a query that lists each one of the teams only once (ie. to have a list of all teams).

Is this correct?

Octagonal

Edited by Octagonal, 14 March 2006 - 04:15 PM.

swicklund

swicklund

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Octagonal,

You've got it. That is exactally what I want to do..

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
swicklund,

What you need to do is Group using Totals . I'll assume that you know how to create a query in design mode.

After you have selected the table that you wish to use as your recordset and selected which fields you require, select Totals from the View menu (or select the Totals button on the toolbar). Then select Group by from the drop down list in the Totals row. You can then select Ascending or descending from the Sort row as well.

Let me know if you still require help with this or if you aren't quite sure about creating a query.

Octagonal

swicklund

swicklund

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Octagonal,

Thank you! I had forgotten about the "Group By" option. Like I said, I was brain dead...

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
swicklund,

Glad to be of help. :tazz:

Octagonal