Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Geforce6600GT

• Please log in to reply

Eclypse

Eclypse

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello all,
I just recently tried installing my new Geforce 6600 GT vid card...My mobo is a Intel® Desktop Board D865GLC, I have 512ram and a 480w psu. Ive deleted my old vid drivers, upgraded my bios and installed new drivers for my chipset. Ive checked the bios and have it set to agp....Yet whenever i have the new card installed I get nothing on my monitor like its not communicating with it.

When i reinstall my old vid card everything works great other than the horrible graphics that are now displayed :tazz:

Any how...when I have the new card in everything sounds normal, no weird beeps or anything...BUT a red led light on the bottom portion of the mobo stays on. Not sure what this means or if it would give me any indication of what is going on internally. Any ideas, thoughts, words of wisdom.

I just soooo wanna try out my new vid card :)

Many Thanks in advance!!
E.

Advertisements

Eclypse

Eclypse

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
bump? any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated :tazz: