Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no one lives forever 2 problem

• Please log in to reply

john 25

john 25

• Pip
  • 1 posts
can anybody help me with my nolf2 problem when i go to start the game i get an error saying out of memory and i dunno why ive got all the latest drivers etc patches also

Processor: AMD Athlon™ XP 1800+
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128 Mb
Memory: 512MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2

i know i need to upgrade my pc few years old now but i dont understand why its saying this my spec is acceptable for the game
and my pc can handle half life 2 and cod 2 reasonably well but i cant see a reason why its giving me a out of memory error any ideas?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You tried increasing your virtual ram.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Make shure you dont have alot of icons running in the task bar it will eat up 512MB of memory on an xp system.

Uncheck some of the programs in msconfig that you "KNOW" what the programs are and you dont use often.