Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

lexmark 510 printer

• Please log in to reply

Synful

Synful

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I just had my computer into to be fixed and now I can not printer. It keeps telling me that the printer spooler service is not working. How do I fix this? I do not know much about computers and are scared that I will make things worse! PLEASE HELP!!!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type services.msc then press enter, look down the list to print spooler, double click it then set the start up type to automatic, click apply, click start the service, reboot

Synful

Synful

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you for the help...I tried this and it did not work. It says there is an error 1068. What do I do now? Any ideas?
Synful

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://support.micro...kb/905999/en-us

Synful

Synful

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I am still having problems with my printer. I have tries sfc /scannow, service.msc and the site(support.microsoft.com) suggested. I am still getting an error 1068. It will not let me start the spooler log. Help! What d I do? Any Help would be great! Thank you for all your help so far.
The people I took it to in the first p;ace has no idea what is wronge and has no idea how to help. Basically they do not want to get involved. Now that they have my money the do not care that it is stillnot working right.\Synful