Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can I prove a Graphics Card is Used?

• Please log in to reply

harvey_mistry

harvey_mistry

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I've just bought a XFX 6800gs XXX edition off of eBay, the listing said it was new but when I received it It had obviously been used. The box was all taped up and their was thick dust on the blades of the fan which had definately gathered through a lot of use. But my camera can't get into their to get a picture to prove this to eBay or Paypal. Is there anyway else I can prove this card has been used, preferably without putting the graphics card into my computer, but if I have to I will. I'd appreciate any and all ideas that you have.

Thanks for your Help!
Harvey

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Photographic evidence is your best bet. Use a digital camera and give it your best shot. Take the matter up with the seller on EBay, and use the dispute resoution service at Ebay. I don't see how putting it in your computer will do anything to prove it is "used" and not new.

harvey_mistry

harvey_mistry

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I've tried taking pictures but it's really difficult to get the camera into the right position, the fan and heatsink are so compact. Isn't there anything that will show whether the computer has been used? I've started a dispute with eBay but I just wanted to have proof incase they asked for it.

Thanks

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
You could try using a magnifying glass to get a good view into the fan and heat sink, and then photograpy that. Be sure to put sufficient lighting on the subject.

harvey_mistry

harvey_mistry

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks, worked perfectly, have clear pictures of it now.

Thankyou for your Help!!