Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A problem with Skype

• Please log in to reply

tuan

tuan

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi guys, :tazz:

Now I have a problem with skype and i cannot solve it. I cannot make a call to my younger sister. After I double click her name on my list, first it appears Connecting........, then I cannot connect and it show me " Reason Unknown"

I also have problem when i send messages to her. I cannot send and it appears: Message "...." not delivered yet

I am wondering if it is because i have all msn, yahoo messager and skype in my computer. I would appreciate if you could help me to solve this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by tuan, 11 March 2006 - 09:26 AM.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello and welcome to geekstogo,
just wondering how many firewalls do you ahve and do you know how to make exceptions? If so please make skype as an exception and this should clear up this problem.
thanx
James

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
dont mean to but in james, but are we sure that your sister isnt having any problems? it may not be on your end.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
i see how you can c that, maybe your right :tazz:

Edited by james_8970, 11 March 2006 - 11:21 PM.

tuan

tuan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi guys,

I don't know how to make Skype as exemption of fire wall. Could you show me ?

Thanks a million,

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

dont mean to but in james, but are we sure that your sister isnt having any problems? it may not be on your end.

Mile Runner is right. If your sister has not set up her end for authorizing you to contact her Skype-to-Skype, then you two need to redo the Add Contact thing. If you are trying to use SkypeOut (PC to landline), there may be problems connecting to some numbers, especially cell phones. You need to go to the Skype Site and check their FAQs or submit a ticket if no FAQ covers your problem (after you tried the Add Contact).

I've used Skype for years and the problems always wind up on the other end.

Just a thought.

Ron

Gameplayer

Gameplayer

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hi!
That problem that you cannot send an text message from skype to Skype may not depend on your computer!
It's not necessary your computers fault that you can't send a message.
For I have experience that problem too.
I can send a message to a particular friend, and sometimes after 15-20 hours it says that the message has delivered.
So, I figured out that it is my friends computer that's not working properly.
For I could send a message to other friends in my contact list, and they could send to me without any problem.
So I think it can depend on your sisters computer.
Something may be wrong with her computer, something in the config of Skype and/or config of her Internet connections etc.

tuan

tuan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
thank you all of you !!!

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
np, glad we could help