Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RAID - Boot Option

• Please log in to reply

Grantax

Grantax

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
When I set up RAID (Pressing F10 when I start my computer).
There's an option, "Boot", which I can set to 'Yes' or 'No'.
I left it at default, which is 'No'.

What does it mean? Should it be set to 'Yes'?

Advertisements

Grantax

Grantax

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
I just got to know that the boot option has to be set to 'yes' before i install windows.
Which I will do the next time I format my computer, which is within the next 10 days.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If youre not going to use RAID for the system disk keep it disabled.(which is advisable if youre going striped, only way to do raid really in a practical way for a home user is mirrored but even at that youre usually better with two disks and just copying files) Raids not really for a home user its a business server tool where you have large numbers of high capacity drives.

Grantax

Grantax

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Ok...
I'm just going to get rid of it.
Actually i did it because I have too much space, and I just wanted a way to spend half of it. =D
And a bit also because a couple of weeks ago, I lost C:\ on one hard drive...