Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

old gateways, EEK!

• Please log in to reply

dbate101 (dalton)

dbate101 (dalton)

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i have a gateway p5 120 and p5 133 , and i know the 133 takes 72 pin EDO mem, but i dont have the 120 with me til monday and i need to find the memory over the weekend or my boss will be pissed, its larger than 72 pin EDO, but since its a 120 i dont beleive its SD, so does anybody know anyhting bout old gateways, and if ya do know what mem it takes do you know how much it can handle, the 133 can handle 128mb, can the 120 at least handle 64??

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I think you will find that it is 72 pin modules in the 120. Heres crucial's ID for memory.

Right about when the pentium 200 processors came out the 168 pin memory came out. I still have a Packard-Bell 200 puter with 72 pin dimms and a Packard-Bell 233 with 168 pin dimms. I have saved probably 50 sticks of the old 72 pin dimms from striped out computers.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
If I remember correctly, some P5-120 models supported SIMMs & others supported DIMMs.

If you already know that the memory you require is larger than a 72pin SIMM module, then it will use DIMMs. (PC66 SDRAM). It can take a maximum of 128MB.