Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

old gateways, EEK!

• Please log in to reply

dbate101 (dalton)

dbate101 (dalton)

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i have a gateway p5 120 and p5 133 , and i know the 133 takes 72 pin EDO mem, but i dont have the 120 with me til monday and i need to find the memory over the weekend or my boss will be pissed, its larger than 72 pin EDO, but since its a 120 i dont beleive its SD, so does anybody know anyhting bout old gateways, and if ya do know what mem it takes do you know how much it can handle, the 133 can handle 128mb, can the 120 at least handle 64??

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I think you will find that it is 72 pin modules in the 120. Heres crucial's ID for memory.

http://www.crucial.c...memorymodid.asp

Right about when the pentium 200 processors came out the 168 pin memory came out. I still have a Packard-Bell 200 puter with 72 pin dimms and a Packard-Bell 233 with 168 pin dimms. I have saved probably 50 sticks of the old 72 pin dimms from striped out computers.

SRX660

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
If I remember correctly, some P5-120 models supported SIMMs & others supported DIMMs.

If you already know that the memory you require is larger than a 72pin SIMM module, then it will use DIMMs. (PC66 SDRAM). It can take a maximum of 128MB.