Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how do I make start up faster?

• Please log in to reply

dsd1

dsd1

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Isnt there a command i can put in the Run file to see whats starting up when i boot up? Thanks for the help in advance.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Check out:

How to Determine What Processes are Running in Windows XP

Post back if this doesn't help.

Ron

dsd1

dsd1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
i was wondering ig there was like a program list? i

dsd1

dsd1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
nvm I have found out that it wasnt my programs that were making me freeze. Everytime i run ad-aware or McAfee virus scan and even sometimes Disk Defragmenter, after a couple of minutes i get to a blue screen saying kernal_stack_inbase error!

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
write msconfig and press enter. Go to startup and you will see a list of all the programs that load during startup. Uncheck everything that is not essential (make sure to leave anti malware programs starting), Press Apply > OK and reboot. During rebooting you will gwt a message. Check it.