Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Page will not load

• Please log in to reply

scottydog1

scottydog1

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi All,
I can access all my normal websites that I view except one.
It comes up with cannot find server page.

I have tried for hours to solve this in my internet options, disabling firewall.

I use either IE or Firefox

The site does work on other machines

The site is Betfair.com

Any information would be very grateful.

I only have so much hair left

Thanks and most grateful

Scott

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello and welcome to geekstogo,
By any chance could the page have been blocked? if not what is the error that you are receiveing? 404?
James :tazz:

scottydog1

scottydog1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi
The page says the following:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

I have formatted my machine and added nothing to it and it still doesn't work.
Could it be my IP ?

Thanks
Scott

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
lets try internet explorer first and see if we can get it up and running. please do the following:
tools->internet options->security-> here you will see a scole place it on medium.
tools->internet options->privacy->here you will also see a scrole, place it on medium also.
thanx

Edited by james_8970, 11 March 2006 - 07:54 PM.

scottydog1

scottydog1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi James,

I have contacted Betfair and they have given me a new address to use, which works !!!
So now I can use them.

I have tried to understand why I was unable to use that particular site and still none the wiser.
What you have suggested I have tried.

All other sites works except that particular one. It is not the end of this matter I endeavour to find out the problem.

All help is grateful, and much appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
ok sry little bit confused here, so is the problem cleared up now or are you still haveing problems
thanx