2. I realized that I had been using it without installing the drivers. So I took out the CD and installed the drivers. The installation went to completion. I went into a normal reboot. No problem.
3. When I went into the normal reboot I did not remove the CD from the drive.
4. When the system came backup I saw the Windows Installer screen “Preparing to Install”. It did not go into install mode where I could exit out of the install in a normal fashion.
5. I had to physically power down and then do a Cold Start.
6. When the device manager is accessed for the Maxtor HDD the displays show the correct driver and say the device is working normally.
7. The desktop is working normally and I have full control of it.
8. My Question:
9. Is there a way to detect if there is a suspended installation in the system without doing an uninstall?
10. Len Trimlett