Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI radeon x1300

• Please log in to reply

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Hey guys

I'm getting a new graphics card some time next month (mid to late in the month), and its the ATI radeon x1300 256mb ddr2.

Anyone eles here use it? Ive herd its the 2nd best card around for AGP?

Just wondering if you guys could give me some specs about it, Ive tried googling it but there isn't much out there by the sounds of things.

I'm more of an Nvidia fan myself, but somebody eles brought me this graphics card.

Thanks,
Bobbobagan!

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Hey guys

I'm getting a new graphics card some time next month (mid to late in the month), and its the ATI radeon x1300 256mb ddr2.

Anyone eles here use it? Ive herd its the 2nd best card around for AGP?

Just wondering if you guys could give me some specs about it, Ive tried googling it but there isn't much out there by the sounds of things.

I'm more of an Nvidia fan myself, but somebody eles brought me this graphics card.

Thanks,
Bobbobagan!

I know that the x1300Pro has 12.80GB/s memory bandwidth so the x1300 has to be around 6.4 GB/s or 8.4 GB/s memory bandwidth, super slow card....

No, the x1300 isnt the 2nd best card for agp. It doesnt even make the half way mark which would be a mid-end card.. Its abit below mid-end so its really a low end card. All the x1600 cards blow also, because you pay too much for the lack of speed you get they are all slow except the x1600xt and even that card is too much for the money and you get crappy 128 bit interface and only 22.40GB/s memory bandwidth.

I would look around more before I bought that card. :tazz:

Edited by jrm20, 12 March 2006 - 11:25 AM.

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
lol... I'm not buying it, I'm getting given it... but atleast tell me its gunna be better than a GeForce Nvidia FX 5200? lol :tazz:

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Ya, alittle

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah, the 1300 and 1600 are ATI next gen of cards designed for the builders as ATI is popular with Dell and theyre ilk as they design cheap low end cards for them but they have DX9 abd the other x1000 features for video input and the image quality which makes them good for basic photo editing which people like to do these days.

Its a bit pants but for the prices of some of them they are allright and better than a 5200 by a fair bit.

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
lol... cool thanks for that..

Just wanted to look into the card before I got it

thanks mate :tazz: