Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Diskeeper 10 Pro Premier

• Please log in to reply

Lyrical

Lyrical

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I just downloaded it, and i'm getting used to it I suppose. Not sure exactly what to do, so I followed the guide it had.
Anyone download this before and have anything to say(tips, etc.)?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Set the scheduled defrags all three of them it will keep your performance at its maximum(HDD wise anyway) and it just takes the thought out of defragmenting youll never have to remember to do it again. Its great ive been using it a few months now and its taken away alot of the hassle.

Lyrical

Lyrical

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
All three of them? Which three? And how often is the schedule..?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I do it weekly, there primary, secondary(which you dont have to set), and there the weird one that i cant remember the name of now but it runs in the background and defragments as you use the system its good.

Gameplayer

Gameplayer

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I have Diskeeper 8, and I have used that program for about 2 years now.
I can say that that program is excellent! :tazz:
What you should do is set the program in the mode "set it and forget it" and there you activate it on the screensaver!
And as fast as your screensaver starts, then the Diskeeper starts to defrag your harddisk.
And that is so good, so it can't be better.
And when you move your mouse so the screensaver stops, then Diskkeeper do the same.
I have set my screensaver to 10 minutes, which I think is good.
So you never need to defrag you HDD again.
Diskeeper do that job! :)

Lyrical

Lyrical

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Alright, I have it set as Primary and I-Faast for my C drive, I believe.
I'm not sure what it is this is doing...I haven't seen a difference in speed..

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
well if you made sure that your drive was always defragged before you probably wont the difference isnt huge for normal users people that use HDD all the time will notice, and remember you have to run it before itll defrag and youll see a difference. Its more a tool for maintaining performance rather than increasing it by a siginificant amount, and convenience as well.