Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error in P17.dll Missing Entry:P17Helper

• Please log in to reply

David_Lloyd_Hoare

David_Lloyd_Hoare

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I'm building myself a new computer and when I installed the Creative Audigy Soundblaster LS from my old machine, and used the latest drivers from Creative, the computer hung (black screen) just after the first windows startup screen. I had to use "start windows with last good configuration" to get it to boot up to windows again. I uninstalled the creative drivers and then used the original disc that came with the soundcard. This installed ok but then I keep getting the message "Error in P17.dll Missing Entry:P17Helper" every time the machine boots up and windows starts. I have uninstalled the Audigy soundcard but it still persists!
I've run a registry checker which founsd many faults and fixed them, but the error message still keeps a comin'
Anyone got any ideas as to how I can stop this happening.
David

Advertisements

David_Lloyd_Hoare

David_Lloyd_Hoare

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
FIXED IT !!!!

I borrowed my daughters Soundblaster Audigy (not the LS as mine is) card and installed that - problem gone. Uninstalled it - problem still gone!! I'm off to purchase a different card now as it seems to be some sort of conflict problem.
David