Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

jscript.dll re-registering

• Please log in to reply

n_felon

n_felon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a problem with my jscript.dll file.

On one Win XP administrator profile, I need to re-register the jscript.dll file on every reboot to use programs like Windows Media Player. If I don't do it on every boot, I see blank windows for System Restore, Services, etc. After running regsvr32 jscript.dll I can run Windows Media Player and have no problems at all.

On the other Win XP profile (also an admin) I can't re-register it all, I get an error saying the returned error was 0x80004005.

If I re-register it on the first profile, log off and go to the second, I can see the dialog boxes partially, but Windows Media only says "An internal application error has occured"

We started noticing this problem after trouble shooting an issue with Windows Updates and the Background Intelligent Transfer Service.

I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

CharlietheDog

CharlietheDog

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Guys, I too am having the same problem. I have tried installing Microsoft ® JScript, v. 5.6.0.8820 and that hasn't worked either.

Does anyone have any ideas? Should I try a system repair - I'd like to avoid a complete re-install if I can.

Thanks

JaresPlace

JaresPlace

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am having a similar issue. I can't seem to load photoshop on my system. I get this error message: This software cannot be installed because JScript is not properly registered. Please repair JScript and then restart the installer.

If anyone has information on how I register this I would be grateful. I am using Windows 7.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: JaresPlace

Please start your own topic
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system.
Thank you for your cooperation.