Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows-Write Delay Failed

• Please log in to reply

Equilibrium

Equilibrium

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Recently I've been getting these Windows-Write delayed Failed messages making it impossible for me to use my computer at the time and also unable to reboot as well(so I have to do it the unsafe way). I just want to see if there is a solution for this before I go and reformat my entire computer. Ill list somethings that I know have to be one of the factors that has caused this.

1) I installed a new graphics with graphics acceleration(plus drives). Note: if I leave my computer alone these errors dont pop up. But after playing games it pops up(so could this be my graphics drives that are faulty?).
2)Ran an anti-Malware scan in which I found trackercookies in my system drive.

Now, I wouldnt think that my mal-ware scan caused this but Im just putting it up there. The graphics card and the drivers I put in are the ATI Radeon: Diamond Stealth S9250 PCI 256 DDR. Im currently running Windows XP Professional.
Intel®
Celeron® CPU 2.70 GHz
2.69 GHz, 768 MB of RAM

The errors that im giving are things such as Unable to save all of the data for C://Windows/system32/config/SysEvent.evt and a bunch more files all in my hardrive containing all windows system material.

Ill post back with updates if I have already decided to reformat.
P.S.: Bare with me because I know little about in depth computer information so I may not understand some things you say.
*Update #2* I tried to do a diskcleanup on my C drive which contains all of my Windows system files and it popped up the above said errors as well just a bit of a different path though. I did not run any games at all so Im guessing that its not because I run games that causes these errors.
*Update #3* I have reformatted my computer up to this point.

Edited by Equilibrium, 12 March 2006 - 08:26 PM.

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
it could be the hardware issue. this search result may help,

Delayed Write Failed · Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. "File creation error - The semaphore ...
http://www.chicagote...ndowserrors.htm

Equilibrium

Equilibrium

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I took a screenshot cause it happened again. It will continue to pop up these error messages.

http://img115.images...ge=error2iw.jpg

Edited by Equilibrium, 12 March 2006 - 10:17 AM.