Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Some Hardware + Driver issues

• Please log in to reply

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Hi.

I'm currently making a Media Center computer (Windows XP Media Center Edition) with this computer:

MSI KT4 Ultra
AMD Athlon XP 1800+
512MB Crucial RAM PC333
40GB Maxtor HDD
D-Link 22Mbps Wireless
Samsung DVD Rom
(AGP 8X) GeForce FX5200 /w 256MB Ram
(PCI) ATi All-in-wonder Rage 128 PRO /w 32MB Ram (I'm using this too for the TV tuner and as this card cannot be used alone in media center card from 1999)
(PCI) Hauppauge WinTV PAL-I 56305 Rev D M2 PCI Card (as I can't find drivers for the ATi Rage with Tuner. Though I still have problems finding drivers for this card as its from 1998)

I've had some problems finding drivers for the Rage and the Hauppauge. I'm testing all this old stuff to see if I can get it working first before spending money on getting new stuff for it. Does anybody know where I could download drivers for the Rage or the Hauppauge... And could somebody tell me whether this would work? I'm guessing it will if I ditch the Rage and get drivers for the Hauppauge. I have googled, and searched driver sites all over the net, can't find anything. If anybody has any software / drivers I could use on my Rage or Hauppauge it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by SuperSam, 12 March 2006 - 11:40 AM.

Advertisements

scott452

scott452

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
drivers for rage:
https://support.ati....dge&folderID=27
go to xp drivers and then RAGE

Edited by scott452, 12 March 2006 - 10:38 AM.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
I have been there before, and installed them. But those drivers / software DONT have support for the Tuner on my Rage.

scott452

scott452

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
you can go:
start, right click My Computer, properties, click the hardware tab, click device manager
device manager window should appear
click on the + by display properties
you should see your ati rage card there**
if so right click it and select update driver
do through the steps

**i haven't had a tv tuner so it might be somewhere else in the device manager

Edited by scott452, 12 March 2006 - 11:47 AM.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Still no luck goto www.driverguide.com and see if they have any drivers that you need for the Hauppauge tv tuner.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Thanks jrm20, ill try that.

Scott, I have display drivers for the rage, but no TV Tuner Drivers additionally. So I'm running the Rage 128 PRO drivers on there, but not the ATi Rage 128 PRO ALL IN WONDER drivers..