Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Limited or no connectivity

• Please log in to reply

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
i reformatted my computer, and updated my eithernet driver. but when i conncect to the internet, the lan connection gives me a error.

"Limited or no connectivity"

there was a repair button, i tried to repair it didnt work. i wonder if any1 body have any clue about my lan problem =S

in advance thanks.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Hi, I also have the "Limited or no connectivity". But as far as I know it does not affect your computer in anyway, in speeds or anything like that. Is your connection on the network working??? Mine works perfect, I dont know why it does what it does. But lets see what we can do for you.

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
im able to connect to the internet as so far i know. im using DSL, so i have a modem

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
So the only actuall problem you are having is ""Limited or no connectivity" icon??? If you not having any problems then there is no reason to carry on here. The "Limited or no connectivity" doesnt affect anything, this shouldnt bother you and you shouldnt have to worry. But if you come accross anyother problems post them. Till then keep your eyes on this post maybe someone else can get rid of the icon.

Coool :tazz:

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
but i kinda worried, becuase it says it slow down what u doing or something =S

jrom727

jrom727

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

but i kinda worried, becuase it says it slow down what u doing or something =S

http://www.pchell.co...nectivity.shtml

Read it carefully. :tazz:

flyingbrit

flyingbrit

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Silencer.dot....are you by any chance with AOL?

agni

agni

• Pip
  • 3 posts
u can try this step, to solve the problem

if ur local area connection is working properly and if u simply want 2 disable the warning message follow these steps.

1) Open Control Panel
2) Open Network Connections and Right Click on the Local Area Connection and click on Properties
3) Uncheck the following option on the General Tab

"Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity"

4) Click OK and close the Network Connections window

flyingbrit

flyingbrit

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
That will do it agni.....good call