Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen of Death

• Please log in to reply

Rob06

Rob06

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
I had the blue screen of death come up for a second time in th epast two days, what's wrong?
This is what it said: "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
it also said ***Stop: 0x0000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000)

*** afd.sys - address EADD927FE, base at AAD850000, datestamp: 41107eb5

and when windows restarted the microsoft error report thing came up and this is what it contains:
Error signature:
BCCode : d1 BCP1 : 00000000 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : AAD927FC OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Please help...

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi there got this from: Windows XP Blue Screen of Death STOP Codes

Stop 0x000000D1 or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The Stop 0xD1 messages indicates that the system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. Drivers that have used improper addresses typically cause this error.

Possible Resolutions:

• Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or roll back that driver to confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

So I think what you should do here is try uninstalling all drivers or software that you have loaded in the past two days and re-loading it.

Let me know how things go. Also when re-installing drivers make sure you have up to date drivers that correspond with the hardware. Cool :tazz:

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 12 March 2006 - 11:32 AM.

Rob06

Rob06

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
I haven't installed any drivers in the past two days, the only thing I inestalled was a new firewall.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Wuz it PC-Cillin by any chance????

Rob06

Rob06

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
No, it's sunbelt keiro personal firewall.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Try unistall the firewall and let me know if the problem persists. I installed Pc-cillin firewall last time and it was doing the same thing. The only way i got the problem fixed was by formatting my computer. But i was force to format for other reasons. There are alternitive firewalls.

But before we start think of other firewalls uninstall your current firewall and then let me know if you carry on having the problem.

Cool :tazz: