Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I really need help please!

• Please log in to reply

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Heyy Boxcrdar...been there done that ... dont be giving up there. I probably cant help you other than offer you a means of support in the fact that this is probably not gonna be a big problem. A few weeks ago, we bought my daughter a brand new Toshiba laptop and started loading her programs ie. deleting Norton's free offer (no thanks), installing MSN messenger, Limewire Pro, Office & AVG (sound similar?)...course it seemed to work for like 2 days..then once we added itunes so she could song her ipod...the lap went screwy just as you are describing treating AVG in a popup blocker fashion...rest of story sounds exactly like what you are describing. Long story short ~ we gave up ~ hubby took it to his guru at work and within 10 minutes it was running as it should...All I know it was something to do with the "factory" install of XP (his guru dont give up much, he just fixes it)...you would think when you pick up a computer from a reputable retail outlet ...it would be loaded to work...Sooo keep the Faith, I'm sure someone here will isolate the problem and fix it for you soon! Take Care.

Advertisements

mcpscomp

mcpscomp

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 180 posts
Run lan setup again. when you go there, keep only auto detect box checked the and uncheck the rest.reboot your computer. Try it now.