Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting two computers

• Please log in to reply

Aiwendel

Aiwendel

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Ok Im about to leave my house to go buy a USB 2.0 to USB cable as I heard that was the most practical option.
I have two computers but each of them have only one ethernet card and one regular internal modem, the mother computer is connected to the internet through the ethernet card and I have been trying to connect the two together using a regular internet cable (the ones with a smaller head then ethernet cable)
Im wondering if thats even possible?

Edited by Aiwendel, 12 March 2006 - 01:42 PM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Are you wanting to only set up a PC-to-PC network with one PC connecting to 'Net or use both PCs to connect to 'Net?

I ask only because there are easier ways to do this and it would allow you to move one PC away from the other unless you prefer the "cable tie" to each other.

Ron