Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB not detecting

• Please log in to reply

loadsafuniam

loadsafuniam

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
my suggestion being, although it says "device not recognised" when 1st booting up, id try a work around. put in in your Printer driver CD, but dont run it. then if you go into CONTROL PANEL, then into SYSTEM and click on the DEVICES tab. Now click DEVICE MANAGER. you should have have like an exclamation mark symbol in a yellow circle saying "unknown device". Right click on this and choose "update driver" then when the wizard pops up, direct it to search the printer driver disk.

Advertisements

Shakes515

Shakes515

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
My printer only has usb. It doesn't make sense because it doesn't take my camera cord either. So that makes it seem like it couldnt just be my printer. I wonder whether other usb devices I might buy in the future would also have trouble. Also, although this isn't really a sure way of ruling out anything, my printer isn't that old and it shouldn't have problems. The fact that all this happened during and after the conflicting IRQ makes it seem like it couldn't be just the devices fault.