Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Infected JPEGS?

• Please log in to reply

Primo_Skillz

Primo_Skillz

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Some of desktop icons on my destop will not appear. However, it is very weird. A zipped folder will appear, but an extracted folder will not show. The arrows on the bottom of all the programs do not show either. I really don't know how to go about fixing this. If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Primo_Skillz, 12 March 2006 - 08:24 PM.

Advertisements

Demi1979

Demi1979

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hey primo do you mean that icons that where once on your desktop are no longer there, or do you mean you want to add some new icons to your desktop?

Primo_Skillz

Primo_Skillz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
No, what I mean is that the icons work, but their true colors do not appear. Most of the icons that are on the desktop are black. When I boot into safe mode, the icons all appear like they would if you were to buy a new computer. I thought it may have been the monitor so I purchased a new one, but it doesn't change anything. I think it is a residual effect from a virus that I once had. Has anyone heard about this before? Any sys mods available here?