Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox can't load a website

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

spuga

spuga

• Pip
  • 3 posts
As far as I can tell, there is only one website that firefox can't load on my computer(and Internet explorer can) and that is allposters.com. It's weird in the sense that I don't get a page cannot be displayed message but rather just a blank page with the text captions and the broken image icon for all images that try and get loaded. All the hyperlinks work I just can't seem to view any pictures on the website. Any suggestions would be greatly welcome, and thanks in advance. :tazz:

Advertisements

Donarudo

Donarudo

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

As far as I can tell, there is only one website that firefox can't load on my computer(and Internet explorer can) and that is allposters.com. It's weird in the sense that I don't get a page cannot be displayed message but rather just a blank page with the text captions and the broken image icon for all images that try and get loaded. All the hyperlinks work I just can't seem to view any pictures on the website. Any suggestions would be greatly welcome, and thanks in advance. :tazz:

I just tried going there and it works perfectly fine. Try opening up Firefox in safe mode. Start>programs>mozilla firefox>mozilla firefox (safe mode) and try the 3 diff options they put for you. You might have to close you other Firefox's currently running FYI. Helped me when my Firefox was giving me problems. Good luck!

spuga

spuga

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hmmm..it didn't seem to work either. it's so crazy that it is only one website that does this. oh crap, also, my bad for saying that ie will bring it up. i guess i was thinking of how i have to use my friends computer everytime i want to go to that site.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Do you have JavaScripting turned on (Tools>Options, Content tab)? Any chance it was set as a Disallowed Site by accident in Firefox? Do you have latest version of FF (1.5.0.1)?

Site loaded fine for me too!

Ron

spuga

spuga

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
as it turned out i did not have the current version of firefox, but after installing the new version i still could not load it. thank you though for helping me realize how out of date i have been with this thing (lol), i was starting to wonder why i couldnt install any of the themes for this browser.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Sorry for lateness in this reply. Thank you for posting back with the solution. Glad it was that easy to solve. :whistling:

Ron