Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Word template magically attaches .wmz files

• Please log in to reply

cinster

cinster

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I used a word template (downloaded from www.office.microsoft.com) to create an e-newsletter. Now when I send it out, it attaches files (sometimes .wmz and sometimes .emz). At least one recipient has clicked on these files and had a bunch of nasty words strewn upon their screen! So, I am trying to figure out where these attachments are coming from. I didn't see anything else listed in previous topics, but please re-direct me if I missed it.

Any help with this would be much appreciated. We send out an e-newsletter each month and I need to clean it up! thank you. :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
so you dled an office template...you create a document...then attatch it to an email...with this email a file get's attatched with either a .wmz or .emz extansion...if someone opens the .wmz or .emz file....it's just bad words strewn across the screen?

does this happen with ANY word document you attatch? emails without attatchements? emails with diff kinds of attatchements?

cmk

cmk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Was there any resolution to this issue?