Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SD Card Reader in Inspiron 6000 Not Working

• Please log in to reply

kishna

kishna

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The built in sd card reader had been working fine for months, but last week I tried to have it read a SD card (Patriot 133x 2gb SD) that i had not tried before.

Nothing happened. I hear the beep beep, but nothing pops up on screen.
Then, none of my other SD card works (even the ones I had been using before).

i tried to trouble shoot using Windows Device Manager. I saw the generic sd entry but it had a exclamation point in yellow next to it. It said not working, code 10.

I researched the internet, and saw something similar. Downloaded a Ricoh driver. It still doesn't work, but device manager sees the ricoh SD entry, and says its working properly. But when I click on it in the my computer window, it says "E:\ not accessible. The device does not recognize this command."

What's wrong? How do I fix this?

Advertisements

Molokai

Molokai

• Pip
  • 3 posts
You can contact Dell Tech Support #1-800-822-8965 / #1-800-624-9896 and report this issue so that they can either resolve the issue during the phone call or replace a hardware component. :tazz: