Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Razer Diamondback mouse

• Please log in to reply

Thomas Aquinas

Thomas Aquinas

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
hey was hoping someone might be able to tell me what i can do to prevent my mouse (which is only a few months old) from disconnecting itself while i'm using it. Let me explain that better, i am using the razer diamondback mouse while i play a video game or surf the web ect its one where u can just plug and play the drivers are all reinstalled on it i made sure i uninstalled and then re-installed them made sure they were updated ect and it still keeps shutting off for 2 - 3 seconds and comes back on. you know the sound you get when u plug in a mp3 player or anything and u get that little ding dong that lets u know the usb device has either been recoginized *even says it* but every once in awhile it will shut off and then turn right back on again whats the deal with that :tazz: i tried plugging it into multiple usb ports and it still messes up on every one

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
I have a Diamondback and i've never experienced this before. The mouse is plug and play but the Razer drivers need to be installed.

Try installing the latest drivers from the Razer website.

http://www.razerzone...back/index.html

Thomas Aquinas

Thomas Aquinas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
hmm thanks for the tip but i mentioned i had the new drivers not sure what to do about this. do you still play quake3 by the way? i do on threewave mod each night on archers server the name is f3.soc drop me a note if u wanna play sometime :tazz:

Edited by Thomas Aquinas, 13 March 2006 - 02:21 PM.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Sorry should have read your post more carefully.

Have you tried updating your chipset drivers?

I've not had Quake 3 installed in years.
I'm mostly a UT player and sometimes I play a bit of UT2004.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Double post

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 14 March 2006 - 04:02 AM.

Thomas Aquinas

Thomas Aquinas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
not sure how to do that. i would first need to know what type of chipset i have which i dont know off the top of my head how do i find that out? and then what woud i do next? could u give me sort of a grocery list of what to do?

also could it be usb drivers need to be updated? any idea how to do that?

Thomas Aquinas

Thomas Aquinas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
did i lose assistance somehow?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
The usb drivers are included with the chipset drivers.

Run Everest on your PC.
When it opens click on motherboard > click on motherboard again and it display the motherboard name.
If that's not helpful click on chipset and it will display the chipset name.