Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Error Killer

• Please log in to reply

Al frae Fife

Al frae Fife

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have run a free full system scan of ERROR KILLER and the result shows three hundred and seventy errors on my PC running Windows XP. As i have no idea what all these errors mean i am unsure as to whether it is safe to go ahead and delete them all as directed. I would have to register and subscribe to do this but due to my lack of technical knowledge i would appreciate any guidance and advice on the matter. Should i trust this programme,delete all errors, and expect that my machine will run perfectly after the cleansing process ?

I have Tauscan 1.7 which will not uninstall and appears at every start up asking me to register.
RUNDLL also appears at this time.

Geting rid of these error messages would only be a small step as it would appear that i have loads of errors lurking in the background.

Many thanks for any forthcoming help, Al Smith.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Cross check it with this

Download, install and run Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up registry clean up to see how many errors it finds, you do not have to use it to clear them

Al frae Fife

Al frae Fife

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Cross check it with this

Download, install and run Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up registry clean up to see how many errors it finds, you do not have to use it to clear them

Thanks for your speedy reply Keith.
I have used Tune Up 2006 Trial and now have a different set of figures as follows > Analyzing Registery 345.
Analyzing Programs 425. Analyziing Registry Structure 0. Searches For Temporary Files 3mb. <
Hopefully this new list will give you a better guide towards a solution, as before i have not attempted to delete the selected items. My knowledge of these matters remains zero!!!
Thank you again, Al Smith

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I would set a restore point and go with Tune Up which has an undo feature

Al frae Fife

Al frae Fife

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks again Keith, i decided to eliminate all the faults found by Tune Up 2006 and have had no problems cropping up since this action. I don't see any difference in speed or performance but i am sure that my PC must benefit from the "clean up".
Tauscan and RUNDLL have now ceased to be a problem as i have removed them from the start up programme.

Thank you for your assistance and prompt replies to my plea for help, Al Smith

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know