Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

earthlink..

• Please log in to reply

alexroa54

alexroa54

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
okay I have 2 different computers, but my internet kept on disconnecting all by its self sometimes like right after connecting, and I wouldn't be able to connect again uless & restarded my computer, so I reinstalled the earthlink installation cd, but it didn't solve anything so I reinstalled windows Xp on it and formated my hard drive just in case it was a virus or something, but it still did't work so i tried it on my other computer and it still doesn't work!!!!!
so I'm guessing that its the maybe the internet??
(I have dial up)

thax. :tazz:

Advertisements

//Nathan

//Nathan

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have Earthlink as well, but I do not like the software - never have. Forget about the "Earthlink Total Connect" mess, and just use the Dial-Up Networking app (in XP, it can be set up with the Network Setup Wizard) and give it your username, pass, and phone number (see the Earthlink site for access numbers), have it save that information... you should be good to go.

...Though my Earthlink likes to cut out after a VERY small period of inactivity... it's rather annoying.

alexroa54

alexroa54

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
so you think its the software?? :tazz: because I have had earthlink for like 4 months now and I have always had the software and it used to work fine. yeah it's starting to get on my nerves!!!
thanx!!