Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spy terminator

• Please log in to reply

mcpscomp

mcpscomp

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 180 posts
My machine is working fine and still funtioning right except for one thing: No list for add/remove program in control panel. Every time I call it up it will get my cpu to 100% and trying for hours. The machine not freezing up or any thing.

Now, all of that happen after I try Spy terminator or something like that. Tried, didn't like it, go to uninstall all the list was gone( it was there before). Uninstalled the program using uninstaller came with it. But now I have no add/remove program list in control panel .

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter to replace the system files, you need the XP CD.

Windows File Protection will show an on screen blue progress bar which will simply disappear when the scan is complete, reboot when it does

mcpscomp

mcpscomp

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 180 posts
Hi there, Problem fixed.
Isn't such when the more we know just to find out the more we don't know?
Thanks Keith.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know

mcpscomp

mcpscomp

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 180 posts
Been around for awhile but guys on this site surprice me the most.