Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Ghost 7.5

• Please log in to reply

Handler

Handler

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello, I am trying to create a ghost boot disk for the hp compaq dc/7600. I haven't been able to find the dos drivers to run the program. If someone knows what direction to go in from here that would be great. I have searched the symantec website to no avail. Any suggestions would be great!!!

Allen

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
DOS drivers for what?

What do you want to do exactly? You should be able to boot off the Ghost CD and have all the drivers you need for most uses.

Handler

Handler

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Here is the process we use for our dell computers.

1. Format a computer with the appropriate OS (XP PRO) and install all appropriate programs.

2. Create a Ghost boot disk for the computer (networkable).

3. Run GhostCast Server to Dump and create an Image.

4. Set up 15-20 computers to the network using the boot disk.

4. Run GhostCast Server and Load to clients.

5 Image now loaded on 15-20 computers in 20min. or less.

Now, my problem is, we have aquired about 40 HP Compaq dc/7600's. We have a computer to use to create an image, however, creating the boot disk has become quite a chore. I have managed to find all the necessary drivers. I did have to go and search for the DOS driver for the Broadcom NDIS card. That was found on the broadcom website. Everything will load up untill the point where the Ghost.exe should load. The PC just gets hung. The program will now load. Is there a known resolution to this or is ghost.exe not compatible with HP. Thanks for your help!!

Allen