Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

D-link Airplus won't reliably find net on startup

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am running a D-link card in a W-XPsp2 machine. Boots are no problem. AirPlus is supposed to start with a user login, but usually does not start properly.

I am also running ZA pro and McAfee. I wonder if there is a startup hang because of permissions?

I can usually get it to connect, and one of a couple of scenarios happens:

1. Airplus starts, but does not find the net automatically. Just clicking on 'apply' in the config causes a scan and connecting.

2. Airplus seems to start, but is not really running. TaskManager shows it, but it does not appear in the systray. I can get things to work by killing that one and starting a new one.

Does anyone know of a way I can get airplus to actually start on boot before a user signs on?

Any other suggestions? (I'd prefer to leave McAfee installed if possible, if you are going to suggest it is a bad actor...)