Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't connect

• Please log in to reply

bobby peru

bobby peru

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have dial up. Whenever I disconnect from my server I can't just reconnect and continue what i was doing, I have to log off and then start over. Except for the online poker sites I use, I can disconnect and re-connect and go right back to what I was doing. Any Ideas??

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go.

Please download and run hijackthis Do a scan and then save a log. Take the log and ATTACH IT (do not post) to your next post.

We do not like to post hijackthis logs in sections other than the malware forum as we do not want to encourage people to post malware issues in this forum.

I am not looking for malware. I am looking for what programs or combinations of programs might cause this behavior. If I notice any malware, I will redirect you to the malware forum.

bobby peru

bobby peru

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Attached File  startuplist.txt   4.97KB   105 downloadsComputerwhiz 12890, thanks for the reply. Here is the log you requested.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
I see you have Norton Internet Security. Norton has been known to cause several different problems.

Let's see if Norton is causing your problems...uninstall it. Then connect to the internet, disconnect, and then try to reconnect.

Let me know if it still gives you troubles. If it does, you can reinstall Norton and then we'll continue troubleshooting.

PS: You've got a really old version of HijackThis. If uninstalling Norton didn't help, please download the latest version of HijackThis and do another scan. Remember to Attach the results, don't post them.

Hijack This download

Edited by computerwiz12890, 19 March 2006 - 04:36 PM.