Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer Suggestion

• Please log in to reply

G Dogg

G Dogg

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hi there!

I am hoping that someone might be able to give me some advice on what printer(s) would be best for my laptop. I have done numerous google searches for the best printers, but they are so varied that I don't feel any more informed than when I started. So, I've decided to post here since I've found that those on this website are more trustworthy than anyone else I could find.

So, if someone could give me a couple printers that they recommend, I'd be greatly appreciative.

I have a Dell Latitude C400 that is a little old, but gets the job done. If you need anymore information, just let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
my general printer advice is...as long as it's not lexmark it can't be that bad...because no printer sucks as bad as a lexmark....that said...i uses hp here at work...and they work fine...easy to install and use....relatively cheap....i also tend to like cannon...basically...anything other than lexmark...

Stabicron

Stabicron

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I agree with dsenette about lexmark printers being bad, do have one thing to add though HP psc *the all in one deals* printers can be very picky with the scanner part at least in windows *for me anyways*. I actually tend to go into Ubuntu and do my scanning stuff there as I find CUPS and xsane does the same job without needing 4 processes running all the time.

Just my two cents and my first post.

mcpscomp

mcpscomp

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 180 posts
lexmark is bad, all in one HP run good but bad in support, canon easy config but are ink thirst, ...
Personal opinion, For BW doc only use samsung monocrome laser very easy set up and save lots of money in long run. If you use it for pics then at least fine some thing has 5 or 6 indivisual ink tank that will give you better quality and save some money since you only have to replace one tank at a time. Samsung laser color cost about $400 CAN seem very nice. Used bunch of samsung printer lately and combination of price and quality seemed to work out best for me.