Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

AOLascd.exe problem

• Please log in to reply

The Bad Guy

The Bad Guy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all,

Today I was uninstalling programs on my old computer that I planned on giving to my dad. He just goes on AOL so I stripped a lot of my apps off of it.

Anyway, after uninstalling my apps, my desktop started going screwy. So I figured I would just restore back to this morning's access point and everything would be fine.

Well, when he rebooted the comp, AOL was running real slow and my cd rom and cd rw drive files were showing up as corrupted or missing. So then I decided to uninstall AOL (like a fool) and left it alone. My brother did another system restore on the comp while I was gone and the drives were working again.

Then I figured i could just re-install AOL with no problem, boy was I wrong.

The disc would load fine, but then I would get a message when I tried clicking on the AOL icon on the desktop that it has to install files for the service to work properly, I click yes and then it immediately goes to restart the system. I restart and I click on the AOL icon and the same thing transpires.

I then un-install AOL again and a message pops up that AOLascd.exe is missing and I call AOL and they apparently have no idea how to troubleshoot their product because noone could help me. They say during the system restores the connectivity service could of gotten screwed up, but I have no idea why not it won't load from the disk or update itself when I click yes for it to update. All it does is go immediately to restart now or later.

I have Windows XP as my OP. If anyone has ANY advice to get this working, I would be extremely appreciative. It's so frustatring. I just want to be able to click on AOL and have it startup normally.

How can I get this AOLascd.exe file?

Thanks in advance.