Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Systemantec Client Firewall and my modem

• Please log in to reply

RockyRan

RockyRan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Recently I've been getting security alerts from my Systemantec Client Firewall saying that a "remote" computer has been trying to access mine, but I'm not sure if it really is. This is what the log says:

Rule "Default Block Bla Trojan horse" blocked (PRIME(192.168.1.46),1042).
Inbound UDP packet.
Local address,service is (localhost,1042).
Remote address,service is (PRIME(192.168.1.46),1042).
Process name is "N/A".

However, when I type "ipconfig" in my command prompt box, I see that my IP adress is exactly 192.168.1.46, while the firewall says that it has blocked it. I've been recently getting some minor problems with my external cable modem (It's a WESTELL Versalink327W to be specific) such as not being able to have my laptop computer connect with it wirelessly even though it has been able to before.

I'm not sure if the firewall is blocking off something that is actually not really a threat but rather a normal procedure. Could the matching IP adresses in both my adress and the one that is blocking have something to do with this, or is that totally different?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Edited by RockyRan, 13 March 2006 - 03:41 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you disable the firewall...do you still have the same issues with the other computer?