Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IP Blocking

• Please log in to reply

untitled_data

untitled_data

• Pip
  • 1 posts
is there a program that will block my ip address from being viewed?
this jerk admin at a website called modthesims2.com has banned my ipaddress. is there a way for me to block the ip address or randomize it or something so that he cant detect that it is me?

Advertisements

AL...

AL...

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Nope.

origami

origami

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I don't kno wat program it is but at one point i was randomizing my i so that every time i logged onto my computer it looked different. Keep looking. if u find something tell us the name of the program so it can help others.

dixieman92

dixieman92

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I am not really interested in blocking my IP so that I can get into a website from which I have been blocked, but more just for a sense of being "anonymous" and hopefully being able to prevent cookies from tracking and sort.
I have seen several programs you can buy that will take you through a proxy server...are those programs recommended?
I also heard about a piece of hardware from www.iphantom.com that seems to answer alot of the privacy issues that I am concerned with. Has anyone purchased the iphantom or please check out their website and let me know what you gut instinct is regarding a piece of harware like this.
Thanks

TogTogTogTog

TogTogTogTog

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

is there a program that will block my ip address from being viewed? this jerk admin at a website called modthesims2.com has banned my ipaddress. is there a way for me to block the ip address or randomize it or something so that he cant detect that it is me?

We do NOT help anyone in their attempt to bypass another sites ban..
Murray

I also heard about a piece of hardware from www.iphantom.com that seems to answer alot of the privacy issues that I am concerned with. Has anyone purchased the iphantom or please check out their website and let me know what you gut instinct is regarding a piece of harware like this.

Edited by Murray S., 30 January 2006 - 07:26 PM.

dixieman92

dixieman92

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I am glad that you know of others here that is familiar with IPhantom....but they sure are keeping quiet!
I posted about it a few weeks ago, and did not get any response....maybe I used the wrong forum, do you have any suggestions.
Thanks

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
This is an interesting topic. If you block your IP the server doesn't know where to send data, so , no you can't really do that. As for changing it, yes you can do that, in fact my ISP doesn't have enough addresses to lease even on a daily basis, so I get a new one everytime I log on, even if I'm offline for a couple of minutes. Some ISPs assign an IP to you, which you can't change, some let you lease them for a period, some require a logon, etc., so there's no fixed rule to deal with such situations. Also, your computer sends out much more information than just your IP when you log on to a website, and much of that can be used to identify you. Your computer name, which computer you are on a network or router, what browser you're using and what the settings are, etc..

Edited by Tyger, 04 July 2005 - 11:46 AM.

Scarletspdr

Scarletspdr

• Pip
  • 3 posts
is there anyway of keeping this information from getting out?

grumps

grumps

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hide IP PLatinum runs automatically changing your IP at timings set by you.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
any programs listed...will not actually change your ip address....the only way to have a different ip address..is to either h ave a dynamic ip from your ISP or to ask them for a different one if you're static...the above mentioned programs may mask your ip for certain circumstances...but...any self respecting admin or isp will be able to find your real ip.

comanchemoon

comanchemoon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys I have a question. I am a moderator for another site and we have a chatter who regularly causes trouble for us. The problem is she uses constantly regenerated ips everytime she comes so nobody can ban her which we'd all like to do. Is there any programs out there that can maybe 'zap' them either all at once or one by one each time she comes? Thanks

hairyeyes

hairyeyes

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
comanchemoon
You could start by checking the ip's shes is using and see what they refer to IE they may belong to the Tor network if so ban all Tor ip's this however will be a pain as you'll need to update the list on a regular basis.
Why not get your admin to ban them as there are other ways to ban an individual other than ip.

comanchemoon

comanchemoon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I would but they can't. We've tried. Everytime she comes in she uses a new virgin isp because of that program of hers.

hairyeyes

hairyeyes

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
She has a new isp every time or ip? To be honest if your admin does not know how to ban then he/she needs to learn the basic's very quickly or find a new admin who does.
I would start by learning about the software you have on your server and how to use it and I would start a new post here on geek's to get help from qualified people, let's face it there are a few admin from other sites here on this site quite a bit they may help you with suggestions for software tutorials. I can't be much more help as I'm off soon to pastures new and there's no internet where I'm going lol.