Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Touchpad tapping problem...

• Please log in to reply

Holz

Holz

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey guys... I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but I couldn't seem to find anything on it in the forums.
I have a VAIO laptop, PCG-V505EC, and the touchpad has recently gone crazy. It's become super sensitive and will think I'm tapping it when my hand isn't even on it!? I don't mind using the touchpad... I was just hoping you guys knew of some way to disable the tapping feature? I can't seem to find it anywhere on my computer. There's no tapping submenu under mouse properties or the folder properties. I'm also wondering, if I install a bluetooth mouse, will it temporarily disable the touchpad when I use it?

Thanks so much!

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Holz...

You might try installing Updated Drivers for the touchpad.

I'm not sure how the blue tooth device will effect the touchpad. I got tired of waithing for the Sony website to load. Gad! What a bulky, slow site they have...

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 13 March 2006 - 09:41 PM.

Holz

Holz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hey thanks! i'll give that a try...

UPDATE: it worked!! it gave me more mouse features and allowed me to turn off the tapping function! THANKS!!!!

Edited by Holz, 14 March 2006 - 12:08 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts

UPDATE: it worked!! it gave me more mouse features and allowed me to turn off the tapping function! THANKS!!!!

You are very welcome! Glad to help... :tazz:

wannabe1