Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HP All-in-One Giving Me Install Problems

• Please log in to reply

Twiztnin223

Twiztnin223

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Hi all, I'm tryin to install a HP 1300 Series Scanner/Copier/Printer for my uncle, but it is giving me problems. I can install the driver so he can print, but when I try to install the software, I get 20-30% into the install and then I get an error "ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE". Anyone know what I need to do to get this installed?

Thanks! :tazz: ````````````

Advertisements

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
I'm wondering if there's a problem with the install disk or perhaps the drive itself. I do know that certain disks will not install from certain drives. I would try and download the software from the manufacturers website.....

edit....how much free space do you have on your hardrive? Did you shut down your anti-virus and anti-spyware programs before the install? If nothing else works, you might want to try the install in safe mode.....

Edited by macten, 14 March 2006 - 01:40 AM.

Twiztnin223

Twiztnin223

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
I have tried to install it from the website and it still doesn't work. I did not turn off the antivirus. I'll have to try that. If that doesn't work, safe mode it is:P I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for your help:)

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
What's the exact name of your product? Type what is on the box or the sticker on the printer unit....