Welcome to Geekstogo forums...
It is always possible that during an infection some information might have gotten out of your computer, therefore, I would change your passwords
We first need to get you into a program called hijackthis(HJT) which we will need you to run later...
Please do this.
Download 'Hijack This!'. http://www.spywarein.../HijackThis.exe
Save it in a convenient permanent
folder such as C:\HJT\ or your desktop.
©noahdfear, and save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the file to extract it to it's own folder on the desktop.
Place a shortcut to Panda ActiveScan
on your desktop (in Internet Explorer, right click on Panda ActiveScan
link select "Copy Shortcut
" then right click on your desktop and select "Paste Shortcut
" or in FireFox right-click the link and select "Save Link As
" and save it to your desktop).
Please download the trial version of ewido anti-malware
Please read Ewido Setup Instructions
Install it, and update the definitions to the newest files. Do NOT
run a scan yet.
If you have not already installed Ad-Aware SE 1.06, follow these download and setup instructions, otherwise, check for updates:Ad-Aware SE Setup
Don't run it yet!
Next, please reboot your computer in SafeMode
by doing the following:
- Restart your computer
- After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
- Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
- Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
Open the smitRem
folder, then double click the RunThis.bat
file to start the tool. Follow the prompts on screen.
Wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.
The tool will create a log named smitfiles.txt
in the root of your drive, eg; Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log along with all others requested in your next reply.
Open Ad-aware and do a full scan. Remove all it finds.
- Click on scanner
- Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
- While the scan is in progress you will be prompted to clean files, click OK
- When it asks if you want to clean the first file, put a check in the lower left corner of the box that says "Perform action on all infections" then choose clean and click OK.
- Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
- Click Save report.
- Save the report .txt file to your desktop.
Close ewido anti-malware.
Next go to Control Panel
click Display > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web > Uncheck "Security Info
" if present.
Reboot back into Windows and click the Panda ActiveScan
- Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button.
- A new window will open...click the Check Now button.
- Enter your Country
- Enter your State/Province
- Enter your e-mail address and click send
- Select either Home User or Company
- Click the big Scan Now button
- If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
- It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
- When the download is complete, click on My Computer to start the scan
- When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location.
Post the contents of the Panda scan report, along with a new HijackThis Log
, the contents of smitfiles.txt
and the Ewido Log
by using Add Reply
To run a HJT log
Double click HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".
When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log, Ctrl-A to Select All, and copy its contents here.