- Install it. Then start the program.
- In the area designated as “Cleaner Settings”, Make sure the Windows tab is the selected tab.
- Under the category of “Internet Explorer”, UNcheck all boxes except for the first two boxes (Temporary Internet Files and Cookies) and the box called Delete Index.dat files.
- UNcheck the box next to the category called “Windows Explorer.”
- Under the category of “System”, UNcheck Empty Recycle Bin.
- At the top, click on the tab that says Applications.
- UNcheck EVERYTHING! If there is a category called “Firefox”, then leave the Cookies option checked.
- Now click on Analyze. When it is done analyzing (it could take several minutes since this is your first time using ccleaner), click on Run Cleaner.
As for the Mup.sys file, I'll research it and get back with you on that. Let's see if CCleaner will help out first.