Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with DAO

• Please log in to reply

Oebele

Oebele

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello Experts,

This weekend, i installed Nikon PictureProject for use with my new digital camera.

Then i got errors like (this is dutch from the application log) when starting the application,:
----
Type gebeurtenis: Waarschuwing
Bron van gebeurtenis: MsiInstaller
Categorie van gebeurtenis: Geen
Gebeurtenis-ID: 1004
Datum: 14-03-2006
Tijd: 08:24:10
Gebruiker: ODC-KANTOORXP1\dijksto
Computer: ODC-KANTOORXP1
Beschrijving:
De detectie van product {C88E49AA-41C5-4420-A08D-BE1B6C5A3A74}, functie DefaultFeature, onderdeel {39D80C59-1BD5-11D4-AB3D-00C04F0971B2} is mislukt. De bron D:\Program Files\msaccrt\Access 97\Msacc8.olb bestaat niet.

Zie Help en ondersteuning op http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp voor meer informatie.
----
and later:
----
Type gebeurtenis: Waarschuwing
Bron van gebeurtenis: MsiInstaller
Categorie van gebeurtenis: Geen
Gebeurtenis-ID: 1001
Datum: 14-03-2006
Tijd: 08:24:10
Gebruiker: ODC-KANTOORXP1\dijksto
Computer: ODC-KANTOORXP1
Beschrijving:
De detectie van product {C88E49AA-41C5-4420-A08D-BE1B6C5A3A74}, functie DefaultFeature is mislukt tijdens het aanvragen van onderdeel {247A0CD4-88E9-11D4-A755-00B0D0428C0C}

Zie Help en ondersteuning op http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp voor meer informatie.

----
But after those errors, the application finally starts.

Please notice that "D:\Program Files\msaccrt\Access 97\Msacc8.olb" does not exist according to the event and that is right, i never installed Access 97, i installed office 2003.

After searching forums and the net, i could not find a solution but i can force the same behaviour if i open from access2003 an excel sheet.

i already re-installed office2003 without any luck.

in my "add/remove programs" there is an entry called DAO but i cannot delete this one.

In "D:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO", i have the entries:
-Dao350.dll
-Dao360.dll
-Dao2535.tlb

there is NO "D:\Program Files\msaccrt" directory.

Any ideas how to solve ?

I have not installed Roxio easy cd......

thanks in advance,.

Oebele

Advertisements