Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP CHANGING MY PC CASE TO A NEW CASE!

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Sam, Srx600 or the like...
Been a long time...

I have a question. I just attached a floppy drive to my motherboard on this HP Vectra VL400. Where would I go in my bios to get it to recognize the floppy drive because it is not showing up in "My Computer" when I'm in windows. I orginally had a floppy drive in my Vectra when I first got it but I took it out when we did the case transformation. I think one of you told me to disable it in my bios since it would not be there anymore. Well now I need it and don't know where to go in my bios for that. I have to use it as it's an emergency. I'm making a bios disk for a friend.

Thank You

Edited by superstar, 06 December 2006 - 11:52 PM.

Advertisements

superstar

superstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Wow you guys pinned my thread... What an honor. Thank you guys soo much. I'd like to take a last moment to thank all those who helped me in this thread but especially SAMM AND SRX600. Thank you so much for making my pc dreams possible and I'm glad to say that I'm using my pc right now after so long... I think I've invested somewhere near $2000 into this thing since I bought new stuff like a $300 sound card, and some other expensive equipment. The only thing that's still original in this pc is the motherboard that came from the Hp Vectra VL400. This pc does not even freeze on me at all or slow down ever. I still feel as if it's new... By the way did I mention I bought a Rare Tualatin Processor which is not meant for this motherboard and is piggy backed on a socket adapter? LOL. Yes dream people dream!!! You can make something out of nothing if you try! To all those that try new things with their old stuff or even new stuff good luck. This was my first pc project and my first time taking a pc apart fully and putting it back together.

THANKS GEEKS TO GO!!! THE #1 ONLINE SITE FOR YOUR GEEKY NEEDS...

Edited by superstar, 30 May 2007 - 01:01 AM.