Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield2 not shutting down properly.

• Please log in to reply

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Just as the title says BF2 doesnt shut down right. When I exit out of BF2, it goes back to the desktop, but the music doesnt stop, and it lags out my whole system. When I go into the task manager theres a process ~e5.0001 that is running, when I end task it, the music stops BF2 shuts down the rest of the way. Anyone else have this problem?? I know its not my comp because it runs ALL of my other games beautifully COD2,HL2,CSS,BF1,Rainbow six 3,Morrowind,COD, CODuo,MOHAA, etc,etc.
thanx,
-Pete.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
make sure your sound drivers are updated and that you have the latest patch for bf2 installed. what are your sound settings set to?

p-zero

p-zero

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
I have the latest drivers for all of my hardware, I contacted creative about this problem, and basically they said to disable the onboard sound. I did, it had absolutly NO effect. I starting to wonder if its a problem with the sound card itself. When I had this card installed in my old machine (DELL), it did the exact same thing.
I have the latest BF2 patch 1.21. And my sound settings are set to ultra high, with this sound card (only one thats THX certified), I should be able to run at this setting with NO problem. Im thinkion that im going ot remove the sound card run BF2 with the onboard sound and see if my problem goes away. THat way I can rule out if its the actual card that is the problem.
Thanx,
-Pete.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I agree, that sounds like the next logical step.

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
I have this same exact problem too, but instead, I have to close BF2.exe or something like that... I am starting to wonder if its my onboard soundcard... :-/