Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

huge problem with computer

• Please log in to reply

Goodfox

Goodfox

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
hey are house has two computers i ahve already posted about the watson virus for one but nowe the other one wont turn on and i sdont know why, heres what happened, we took th emouse out of the comp and turned the comp off and put the old mouse back in, when we turned the comp on it immediatly went to the safe mode list with out us pressing f8, the no matter what option we choos it starts up and goes straight to a blue back ground with white text saying that a program on win32 may be corrupted missing or written over and that a physical dump is takign place. I have coursework on it and it will eb really great if i could be ableto retrieve it by tomorrow, please can you help, i cant igve you a hjt as i cant get to the desktop.

Advertisements

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
what operating system does this computer use?

Goodfox

Goodfox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
windows xp

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
if you have the Xp install disk you can repair your system.

there is a tutorial on repairing your XP system here http://www.besttechi...?showtopic=1523

let us know how it works out for you

Goodfox

Goodfox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
what will happen to all my saved data?

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
it will be ok, it will not be erased, just follow the instructions on that link i provided and all will be good

Goodfox

Goodfox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
it did not work, it wouldent elt the cd run as it went to the blue screen ebfore it could have an effect

Goodfox

Goodfox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
A while ago i asked for help with getting rid of the Drwatson virus, and i made many posts asking for help on it, and i am just writing to say thank you very much for all those who helped me with it, and i think this site is great for what they do. Although the advice did not fully help me, by the end of it i think my computer had been annihalated of malware programs lol. I found that when the Drwatson message pops up, it tells you where it is located, so i just followed the location, showed hidden files and deleted it off my computer. It occured again later and so i deleted it again and its been gone an awful long time. I hope this helps anyone. Once again thank you for your help, this is a great site with some good people on it.