Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD-RW Finalize

• Please log in to reply

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
HI, Ok last night i tried to burn a CD with music on it and it asked me if I wanted to burn as an audio CD or a Data CD so i clicked data as i wanted to add some other stuff later, it started the burn process but the progress bar did not move and then it said that something had gone wrong and that the CD could have been finalized ( which is incorrect as this CD was working fine in the morning and had never been finalized) so i tried again and it said exactly the same. After doing this i tried a new disk and it did exactly the same. I then rebooted the computer and tried again and it worked, but i was wondering if there was any way to get the use back in my two CD-RW.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can erase CD RW discs

CJIS

CJIS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
It wont even let me do that

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
with the cd in the drive, can you open up my computer, right click on the cd burner and choose format?